Monday, March 7, 2011

Next Problem...Drainage

Well, now that I have hopefully killed off the moles...WE have to start digging holes. The goal is to dig a trench from the gutter run off to the end of the property, and add a long hose to carry the water from the roof to the flood plane. Whew, that sounds like a lot of work!

Yes, I got a permit from the city, and had them mark the cable lines in the backyard...which turned out to be completely useless, because the place they marked the cable line was three feet away from where it actually was...Like I said, useless.

Anyway, right now we are in the process of digging the trenches and putting in the pipe, as you can see from the pictures. This weekend I dug two trenches all by myself..Joe gets to do the other two. And by gets to, I mean HAS to!

3 comments:

  1. Doesn't Joe have to get out of bed before dark to do that...? Yeah...good luck Shannon!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, I dug 2 trenches and laid the pipe for the first 2 today, so nananabooboo to you!

    ReplyDelete